How to Fast Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
Apply Audacity to Remove Instrumentals
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Nov 15,2021 13:50 pm
People desire to remove background music from songs for different reasons. Some background music of songs has a lousy audio quality which makes the song undesirable. Also, some people prefer to strip away the music and use the vocals to fit into other films or videos,
Whatever your reason is for wanting just the acapella of a song, this article will guide you on how to separate lyrics from music in Audacity. By the time you learn how to make acapella in the Audacity editor app, you will discover how easy it is.
Part 1: Quickest online solution to remove background music in one click
You are most likely here to learn how to easily remove background music from Audacity, but do you know that there is a quicker solution to remove background music without downloading any app? If you don't have the time or storage space to download and install an app like Audacity, you must see this method. Again, Audacity is specifically designed for Windows and Mac systems, which can be limited. However, with the online vocal remover, you can remove background music on your mobile device in a few minutes.
The simple solution for quick online vocal removal is Online UniConverter Vocal Remover. True, there are many online solutions for removing vocals or background music from songs, but UniConverter ranks top amongst the rest.
Online UniConverter Vocal Remover is a dual feature tool that can extract both instrumentals and vocals from any song in formats such as OGG, MP3, WAV, and M4A. In just one click, UniConverter Vocal Remover will process your audio file and give you the Karaoke and acapella versions. In this case, where you want just the acapella version, you can download it with ease.
UniConverter Vocal Remover is embedded with unique features such as the following:
- It processes audio and video files with high speed, which is ideal if you want quick results.
- The quality of converted or compressed files is not compromised from the original state on UniConverter Vocal Remover. Hence, the poor quality of your files should not be an issue for you.
- It uses AI-based technology for automatic file processing and removal of background music from songs.
- You can rely on this tool to create your acapella version of songs to fit into another video you wish to edit.
- It combines other features such as audio to video conversion, video to audio conversion, audio trimming, and combination.
- It allows for the free conversion of 10 audio files of 100MB each every month. You can subscribe to higher plans to increase the size and number limit of audio files you wish to process.
- It does not contain interrupting ads, unlike other free online tools. That is a selling point for this tool.
Before we show you how to remove instruments from a song on Audacity, here is a quick solution to removing background music online.
Step 1: Upload your audio track file by clicking the"Choose Files" button on the home page of UniConverter Vocal Remover. Another option is to copy-paste the video link you want to convert and paste it in the field provided.
Step 2: Allow the AI technology to remove the background music and leave the vocals of your uploaded song.
Step 3: Your song will be divided into the instrumentals and vocals; choose to download the acapella version, i.e., the lyrics.
Simple as that!
Part 2: How to remove background music in Audacity?
Now, let's talk about the Audacity app itself. Audacity is a vocal remover app and audio editor that is popular for its ability to strip vocals from songs and leave the karaoke version for your use. It is also effective and professional in removing the background music or noise from songs so you can enjoy your acapella song version without the background noise.
Download and install Audacity on your Mac or Windows computer system and follow these below steps to"remove"instrumentals from songs in Audacity:
Step 1: Select the "File" drop-down menu.
Step 2:"Select "Open".
Step 3:"From the menu that drops down, choose the audio file you want to work on, then click on it.
Step 4: Open the file. You will find this button at the bottom-right of the page.
Step 5: Choose the section with the background music you want to remove, highlight it by dragging your mouse over it.
Step 6: Click the "Effect" button located at the top of the screen or window for Mac or Windows system users, respectively. Choose the option "Noise Reduction" from the drop-down menu.
Step 7: Decide which part of the song is background noise and what isn't on Audacity by clicking "Get Noise Profile."
Step 8: Choose the section you wish to erase. You can also choose the whole file by clicking Command + "A" on Mac or Ctrl + "A" on the Windows system.
Step 9: Click "Repeat Noise Reduction" under the "Effect" menu to apply the editing you just did to the song track.
Step 10: If you can still hear a trace of background music you don't like, repeat the process till the song is completely stripped of background noise as you want. Slide the "Noise Reduction" slider to the right, if you don't want some of the backgrounds in the song.
Part 3: Quick comparison of both easy ways to keep vocals/acapella only
So far, you may have noticed some differences and similarities between both easy ways of removing instrumentals from songs and keeping the vocals or acapella only. It will be discussed in the comparison table below:
|Name||Online UniConverter Vocal Remover||Audacity Vocal Remover|
|Compatibility||Works on any internet browser on all devices, Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iPhone||Windows PC, Mac OS, and Linux|
|Free or not||Yes||Yes|
1. Convert more audio and video file formats.
2. Batch processing will be an amazing additional feature to have on the tool.
1. The interface could need to be made more attractive, and approachable especially to beginners who may be scared off by the complicated-looking UI.
2. There is also an improvement for support of multiple tracks editing at the same time.
|Audio Quality||Higher||Sometimes the original quality is not guaranteed…|
|Always Working?||Yes||No, as sometimes it experiences glitches.|
|Efficiency||AI-driven, it's Highly efficient and professional.||Highly efficient.|
Now that you know how to remove instruments from a song in Audacity, you can see it is not rocket science. Simply follow our guidelines in this article. You will find that you can enjoy acapella versions of your favorite songs once you can remove background music from audio in Audacity software. Don't forget that when it comes to simplicity and quick results, trust the Online UniConverter Vocal Remover to be your best editor for the job.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online