[Easiest] How to Remove/Separate Vocals from a Song in Audacity
Remove Vocals from a Song in Audacity
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
People remove vocals from songs for different reasons. Some common reasons why people remove vocals from songs include: to use the instrumentals for sound mixing, to create song covers of the original songs, for meditation, entertainment at Karaoke bars, wedding events, etc. However, music lovers have found that Audacity ranks top for the perfect software to remove vocals from songs.
That is why people prefer to use Audacity to remove voice from their favorite songs for whatever reason. In addition, Audacity is free; it is a professional audio editor, gives impressive quality in a short period, etc.
Now, it leads us to the purpose of this blog. In this blog, we will show you the easiest way to remove vocals using Audacity. Additionally, you will be given some excellent audio editing tips that you will find helpful.
Part 1: What is Audacity?
Audacity is an open-source audio editing app designed to remove vocals from songs and edit any audio sound. It works well on Unix-like systems, Windows PC, and macOS/OS X. It also helps with vocal reduction and isolation on some stereo tracks. That means that, with Audacity, you can isolate the vocals or specific aspects of a recording from the others. Sounds cool, right? If you love to mix parts of different songs, you will learn how to isolate vocals in Audacity by the time you are done reading this article.
As a musician who wants to sound like a professional on that song cover, you may wonder, "does Audacity have auto-tune?" Here is the thing: Audacity does not have auto-tune on its own even though it has many features that make song editing fun. However, you can install an auto-tune plug-in to Audacity and get the results you want. You will be given tips on how to apply auto-tune in Audacity, so stay tuned!
Part 2: How to isolate vocals in Audacity (remove voice)
Audacity vocal remover may be a professional tool, but it does not imply that it is difficult to use for even the most basic user. In just three steps, we will guide you on how to remove the voice from a song in Audacity.
First, it is necessary to download and install Audacity for Windows, Linux, or Mac. Next, launch the app and follow the steps below to remove vocals from MP3 in Audacity:
Step 1: Add and Split Audio File on Audacity
The first step in removing vocals from songs on Audacity is to click "File" and select the audio file on which you want to work.
The next thing is to click "Split Stereo Track" from the track's drop-down menu.
Step 2: Invert the Bottom Channel
After separating the song into two channels, invert the bottom channel by clicking "Invert" on the "Effects" menu.
Step 3: Set each Channel to Mono
Click the top track's drop-down menu and select the "Mono" button. Do the same for the bottom track.
Now that you are done, you can save the audio file.
Note: If you feel like the audio sounds low after you have removed the vocals using Audacity, there is a way out:
- Go to the portion of the audio you want to adjust, and using the "Selection Tool," highlight it.
- Click on "Effect"> "Amplify"
- Amplify the sound to the volume you want, and that solves your problem.
Part 3: The easiest way to remove vocals online in one step
Audacity seems like the ultimate vocal removal software, but even this app has its shortcomings. First, you may be struggling with the challenge of Audacity not removing vocals completely from your song. That would naturally make you look for an alternative tool. But, again, if you do not want to download any software to remove the vocals from your song, Audacity is not ideal for you.
That is why it is always advisable to have an online tool ready to use in such cases. Online UniConverter Vocal Remover is just the tool for the job. While it takes three steps to isolate vocals in Audacity, you can do the same on UniConverter Vocal Remover in one click. We recommend UniConverter Vocal Remover because it is an online free tool that separates vocals from songs instantly, and you do not have to worry about the quality of the music.
With Online UniConverter Vocal Remover, you can enjoy the following features:
- It uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) based technology to listen to music and separate the voice, giving you karaoke and an acapella version.
- The interface is glitch-free. It is possible because there are no ads that interrupt your song conversion process. This feature makes UniConverter unique from other free tools.
- UniConverter Vocal Remover is suitable for Karaoke MP3 conversion and other editing functions such as file format conversion, audio trimming, video audio conversion, and so on.
- With it, you can process audio files in OGG, MP3, M4A, and WAV formats. Additionally, you can process videos in file formats such as MP4, MKV, and MOV. The output is always of high quality as the original sound quality is not reduced after processing.
- It is an ultra-fast tool that removes vocals from songs in one click. Try this out by following the steps below:
Step 1: Add audio files
Add the audio file whose vocals you want to remove on Online UniConverter Vocal Remover. This site allows you to convert files of 100MB maximum for each. Click "Choose Files" to add the audio file or copy the song URL and paste it on the field box provided.
Step 2: UniConverter automatically removes vocals
The AI-based algorithm has already been configured to automatically process any song you upload on the site to remove the vocals and leave you with the instrumentals. So wait for a few seconds for the voice to be removed from your song.
Step 3: Preview and download Karaoke music
Go ahead to preview and download the instruments of your song to your local device storage. And this is how you make a song instrumental version using the Online UniConverter Vocal Remover.
Part 4: Extensive tips - how to apply Auto-tune in Audacity
Auto-tune makes your voice sound professional and seamless when applied to the song covers you've made. That is why this section will give you some interesting tips on auto-tune.
In response to the question, "does Audacity have auto-tune?" we stated that on its own, Audacity does not have auto-tune. However, you can use an auto-tune plug-in to create free auto-tune for Audacity. As promised in part one above, this is how you can apply auto-tune to songs while editing them on Audacity.
Remember that Audacity is an audio editor that lets you tune and work on songs post-production.
Also, you can find several auto-tune plug-ins online, so that we will be using the GSnap plug-in as an example. It is the ideal plug-in example as it is both free and works on all the devices you can use Audacity.
Step 1: Download GSnap auto-tune
Visit the GSnap website and select the version for your particular device or computer system. Save it on your system storage. Remember where you saved the plug-in for later use.
Step 2: Copy GSnap downloaded plug-in
Open the zip file of the downloaded plug-in and copy the file named "GSnap."
Step 3: Add plug-in to Audacity file
Navigate to where you saved your Audacity downloaded software and paste the GSnap plug-in under audacity plug-ins.
Step 4: Add plug-in to audio file
Give administrator permission and continue to open Audacity. However, if it has already been opened, restart it to see the plug-in you just pasted on the Audacity file.
Record audio to your instrumentals and open it or open an already-recorded audio file. Then, click "Add/Remove Plug-ins…" from the "Effects" menu.
Step 5: Enable GSnap plug-in.
Find the plug-in from the menu and click "Enable."
Now you can use the GSnap auto-tune plug-in when you open "Effects" on Audacity.
The bottom line is this: removing vocals using Audacity is not as difficult as you may think. It is possible in just three steps, as shown in this article. First, follow the guidelines provided on how to isolate instruments in Audacity and get the best karaoke versions of songs. And if you don't want to go through the stress of downloading software or don't have the time for it, then you can use Online UniConverter Vocal Remover to remove vocals in just one click. It does get faster than Audacity!
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online