How to Perfectly Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
Learn How to Use VLC to Merge 2+ Videos
By Kendra D. Mitchell |
VLC is a popularly used cross-platform multimedia player, but in addition to playing videos in an array of formats, the software is capable of performing a wide range of other functions as well. Using VLC, you can cut, rotate, merge audio, add subtitles, as well as merge and combine two and more videos in a quick, hassle-free manner. More about the process of VLC join video alternative tools are discussed in the following parts of the topic.
Part 1: Clear steps to join multiple video files together via VLC
Combining videos in VLC or your Windows or Mac system is a simple process where the files from your local system can be added to the program and then merged together to a single video. The program is available for quick download on your Windows, Mac, Linux, and other system.
Steps to merge videos in VLC
Step 1. Open the installed VLC player on your system. If the software isn't present on your system, you can download it first.
Step 2. On the main interface, click on the Media tab, and from the drop-down list, choose the Open Multiple Files… option.
Step 3. A pop-up Open Media window will open from where you need to click on the +Add button under the File tab to browse and import the local videos to be merged.
Step 4. After all the files are added, click on the Play button, and a drop-down menu will open from where you choose the Convert option.
Step 5. A Covert window will now open where clicking on the Browse button at the bottom-right corner will let you choose the system location to save the merged video.
Step 6. Finally, tap on the Start button, and the software will start processing and merging your video, which will save to your selected location.
The steps above will let you combine videos VLC.
Part 2: Fail to merge videos with VLC? - Try the best alternative [Online UniConverter]
Key video formats can be merged using VLC Media player, but several times you may face issues with video combining like unsupported formats (AVI, VOB, and others), bugs, glitches, and more. Moreover, being desktop software, VLC needs to be downloaded and installed, which can be a cumbersome task for many.
So, if you are looking for a simpler solution for merging your videos, we suggest Online UniConverter as the best choice. This online tool is simple and free to use and work straight from your browser without any need for software installation. The process of merging the video files is quick, and additionally, it also allows you to add the customized audio from your local system or the cloud. Option for previewing the files is also present.
Key features of Online UniConverter
- Allows adding videos from your local system, URL, Dropbox, and Google Drive
- Option to rearrange the files as needed
- Add customized audio from the system or cloud storage
- Edit the files by using functions like cropping, selecting output format,
- Preview the merged video
- Save the combined video to the local system or the cloud storage.
Steps to merge video using Online UniConverter:
Step 1. Run https://www.media.io/editor/merge-video.html or directly click Choose Files to add the videos to be merged.
Step 2. The added videos can be rearranged by simply dragging and moving them as required. Clicking on Add Files button will let you add more files.
Step 3. At the right-hand side of the interface, choose to crop the video, select the aspect ratio, and select if you want to crossfade or not.
Step 4. Under the Audio options, click on +Add audio to add customized audio from your local system or cloud storage.
Step 5. At the Output Format drop-down list, choose the target format for the merged video.
Step 6. Finally, click on the MERGE button to start the file combining process.
After the videos are merged, you can download them locally or save them to Dropbox or Google Drive.
Part 3: Other editing tips in VLC media player
In addition to video merging, VLC supports other editing features as well like combining audio and video, adding subtitles, and more. The steps for the few key functions are enlisted below.
1.How do I combine audio and video in VLC?
An audio file of your choice can be added to your video using VLC using the following steps.
Step 1. Launch VLC media player on your system and open Media > Open Multiple Files.
Step 2. At the Open Media pop-up window, click on the +Add button under the File tab to add the videos from your system.
Step 3. Next, click the check-box next to the Show more options box.
Step 4. A list of additional functions will open. Check the box next to Play another media synchronously (extra audio file,). At the Extra Media box, click on Browse to import the local audio file to be added.
Step 5. A pop-up Open media box will appear again where click on Add button to browse and add the audio file. Click on the Select button.
Step 6. The selected audio file will appear at the Extra media.
Step 7. Open the drop-down menu at the Play button and choose Convert.
Step 8. At the pop-up Convert window, select the desktop folder under the Destination section where you want to save the processed files. Finally, click on the Start button.
2.How to add subtitles to the movie file with VLC?
Captions and subtitles to movies and videos can be added using a VLC media player, and the steps for the same are as below.
Step 1. Open the VLC Media player program on your system, and from the Media tab, choose the Stream option.
Step 2. At the Open Media window, click on the +Add button to browse and add the video file.
Step 3. Next, tick at the checkbox next to Use a subtitle file box. Click on the Browse button to select the SRT file.
Step 4. Tap on the Stream button, and a new Stream Output window will open. Tap on File and click on Add to choose the export folder.
Step 5. Clicking on Browse at the new window will let you choose the video name (ensure that the file name ends with an extension like .mp4 or other). Choose the system folder to save the file.
Step 6. Finally, click on Save and then tap on the Next button.
Step 7. Check the tick box at Activate Transcoding box and then tap on the Wrench icon. Choose the Subtitles tab. Check the boxes next to Subtitles and Overlay subtitles on the video.
Step 8. Tap on the Save button and then on the Next. At the new window, click on the Stream button.
Though VLC can be used for adding subtitles to your video, options for editing are not available. So, if you are looking for a tool that allows you to add and edit the subtitles, the desktop version of the above-listed Online UniConverter is the best choice. Known as Wondershare UniConverter, the software is a fully-fledged tool supporting a wide range of functions and features. Using the software, you can edit the subtitles in several different ways, like changing the font, width, capacity, position, and more. Simple to use, the software is quick and apt for beginners and professionals alike.
You can merge videos using VLC in the supported formats, and for this, the tool needs to be present on your system or need to be installed. A quicker and simpler alternative is to use an online tool like Online UniConverter that allows fast merging of videos in almost all popular formats. Using the online tool, basic editing and customization can also be done.
Media.io - Online Video Editor
Create Your Incredible Videos Anywhere, Anytime!
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Story
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Vocal Remover
- 10 Best Vocal Remover Online
- Use Audacity to Remove Vocal
- Get HD Karaoke from Songs
- Convert MP3 to Karaoke
- Best Alternatives to MP3 Karaoke Software
- Best Sites to Find Free Instrumentals
- Best Free Sites to Get Karaoke
- Get an Acapella from Songs
- Use Audacity to Remove Background Music
- Extract Audio Sound from Video on All Platforms
- 12 Best Acapella Extractors Online
- 4 Best Ways to Use Acapella App for PC/Windows/Mac
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Music from Video [with/without voice]
- Top 5 Free Vocal Removers Apps for Android
- 4 Best Free Acapella Apps for Android
- 3 Highly Rated YouTube to Karaoke Converters
- Easily Get& Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Videos
- 8 Best Online Vocal Removers from YouTube
- 7 Fast Online Ways to Extract Music from Video
- 20 Best Happy Instrumental Songs to Lift Your Spirits
- Top 5 Free Ways to Make a Song Instrumental on Any Device
- 5 Free DJ Voice Makers Online (TTS) with Bonus Tips
- 10 Best Free DJ Song Maker to Mix DJ Music Online
- 12 Best Free Audio Editors Online
- Top 3 MP4 Vocal Removers
- Easily Extract Movie Soundtrack [Background Music/Dialogue]
- Easily Edit/Extract Audio from Video on Mac
- 22 Best Free Background Music for Video
- Easily Get & Make & Add Background Music for YouTube Video
- Easily Remove & Generate Lyrics of Song
- Easily Mix & Master a Song
- 9 Excellent Online Voice Recorders
- 15 Best Vocal Warm-Ups for Singing Better
- 8 Best Voice Remover & Cancellation Softwares
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add Audio to Video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online
- Remove Watermark Online