The best 10 software to add audio to video easily 2021
10 software to add audio to video
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Jun 01,2021 17:10 pm
Are you still searching for software to add audio to video? Your search ends here! Adding sound effects and music tracks to a video can make it more engaging and entertaining to watch. For example, you can add a foreground music track to engage viewers in parts of the clip with no voice commentary. Also, you can place the music in the background in areas where you need to evoke emotions. Either way, finding the best add audio to video software is essential. So, this listicle takes a look at ten excellent options out there.
Part 1. Top 10 software to add audio to video
Adobe Premiere Pro is a top-class video editing software with cutting-edge technology. Its easy drag-and-drop editor supports most video formats, including raw files shot on iPhone, Canon, GoPro, or DSLR. As expected, users can trim videos with precision to mix and shorten clips, add video effects and animations, and sync audio effects on videos. Even better, the Creative Cloud Library allows you to create anywhere, anytime. Overall, it's almost a 10/10 for Premiere Pro.
- Add Hollywood visual effects to videos.
- Expansive Creative Cloud Library.
- Expensive subscription plans.
VSDC Video Editor is another top-class app for creating award-winning videos on PCs. Like Premiere Pro, this app supports almost all video file formats, including FLV, 3GP, MTS, and more. After importing your video file, you can add multiple visual effects, object transformation, and color correction. Also, users can retouch their videos with audio filters and effects. Above all, VSDC can export 4K videos.
- Beginner-friendly user interface.
- 4K video quality.
- Only for Windows PCs.
If the other two don't cut it, try this software to add music to video on PCs. As the name suggests, this app can seamlessly cut audio and videos and mix them up to create an entertaining music clip. Interestingly, the program allows you to add audio to video regardless of whether the video clip already had a piece of background music. And of course, you can convert your media files to any format without sacrificing the original quality.
- Excellent video mixing capabilities.
- It can remove audio from video.
- Only for Windows PCs.
VirtualDub is one of the oldest desktop file editing apps, having been around since 2004. Here, you can batch process AVI and BMP files, although VirtualDub can also read MPEG-1 videos. When adding audio to video, users can compress, reduce noise, and add entertaining video effects. Its extensive set of video effects can smoothen, sharpen, brighten, etc. Plus, VirtualDub features intuitive mouse and keyboard shortcuts for faster operation.
- Multiple video and audio effects.
- An extensive list of keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
- Outdated UI.
VLC is arguably the most popular multimedia player for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. This app is free and open-source, meaning you don't have to pay a dime to use it. That said, VLC can play almost any digital media file as well as DVDs, CDs, VCDs, and Blu-ray discs. Surprisingly, VLC also allows users to convert media files and add audio to video. However, green hands may struggle using this software.
- Free, open-source app.
- It supports all standard media files.
- Not best for beginners.
Have you ever heard of this software to add audio to video? Probably not! Well, VideoMeld is a free, simple, fast, and fun-to-use video editor for PCs. The drag-and-drop editor allows users to perform basic video editing tasks like cutting, splitting, copying, cropping, and adding text captions to videos. Users can also add special audio and video effects before mixing and combining. What's more, it features an intuitive computer screen recorder.
- Exports videos in 1080p quality.
- It offers more than seven audio effects.
- It runs on Windows only.
OpenShot is an award-winning video editor free to download and use without paying anything. Mac, Linux, and Windows users can craft high-quality videos and trim them by cutting, splitting, and rearranging. Also, OpenShot allows users to customize videos with animations like bounce, slide, fade, etc. In addition, you can add unlimited audio tracks to videos before exporting your clip to any file format. Overall, it's a nice free app to have.
- Free, open-source app.
- Cross-platform app.
- It lacks essential video editing tools.
With Aimersoft Filmora Video Editor, users can create, edit, and export video clips on Mac and Windows. Its video editing suite allows users to split and combine, rotate, adjust speed, set the volume, and so on. As expected, users can upload any audio file and embed it as the video's background music. Even more surprisingly, you can extract audio from video and customize it accordingly. And yes, Aimersoft can directly upload videos to Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Feature-rich video-editing suite.
- Directly upload videos online.
- It can't transfer videos directly to mobile devices.
Last but not least, use this add music to video software for PC to perform basic file editing tasks. With Avidemux, you can cut, filter, and convert between standard video formats like MP4, ASF, AVI, and DVD. Also, Avidemux comes with an inbuilt subtitle processor for adding text captions to your videos. And best of all, this software runs smoothly on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Cross-platform software.
- It offers essential video editing functions.
- Limited file format support.
Kate's Video Toolkit is a pretty lightweight app developed in 2012 for Windows PC users. However, don't be duped by the simplicity, as this app features all the video editing tools you may need. First, it supports almost any video and audio file format you throw at it. Secondly, Kate's Video Toolkit features a robust multimedia player for opening videos of any resolution. And thirdly, the video editing toolkit can cut, join, mix, transition, and more. Unfortunately, users must register first to use the app.
- Fast and lightweight video editing app.
- Excellent multimedia player.
- Requires registration to use.
Part 2. The best easy-to-use software to add audio to video online free
If there is one area where online apps shine over dedicated apps, it's cross-platform compatibility. With the best software to add audio to video online, you can create video mixes anywhere, anytime on smartphones, tablets, and laptops. One such software is Online UniConverter. This online tool is 100% free and allows users to customize 1000+ file formats. Adding music to video enables you to adjust the volume level and trim the audio to fit your preferences. You can even rearrange the video sections to create a brand-new video clip. And yes, users can export their edited videos to multiple video formats.
- Free, open-source app.
- It uploads more than 1000 file formats.
- Exports videos to MP4, MOV, FLV, MTS, etc.
- Trim audio and adjust volume level before adding to video.
- Excellent video editing tool.
- 2GB free cloud storage.
- It's the best software to add music to video on any updated web browser.
Steps to Follow these easy steps to add audio to video with Online UniConverter:
Step 1: Launch the Add Audio to Video function.
Visit the website on any updated browser app and then press Online Tools. After that, choose Add Audio to Video to run the function.
Step 2: Upload your video file.
Next, press Choose Files to open your local folders and add the video file you want to edit. You can also upload clips from Google Drive, Dropbox, or YouTube by pasting the video URL.
Step 3: Add audio and edit it appropriately.
After loading your video file successfully, go to the right pane and click Add audio to browse your local storage and add the music file to use on your video. Again, you can upload music from the cloud or YouTube.
Now click the Trim icon to customize your sound file by cutting off the unwanted sections. You can also change your video's music volume to get the perfect sync between your video and background audio.
Step 4: Preview your video and convert.
Open the Output Format menu and choose MP4 as the target format. That's because any video player supports MP4. Now click play to preview your video and then finish the process by pressing Merge. You can now enjoy your video file with background music.
Other powerful features of UniConverter video audio editor
* Easy to add audio to your YouTube or Instagram videos.
* It allows you to edit the audio by trimming, looping, or changing the volume after adding audio.
* The video audio editor supports all the popular audio formats like MP3, WAV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, M4A, and others.
*It supports the most common video formats, including MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, WebM, MPEG, MPG, FLV, etc.
* It allows you to trim video to get your desired segment and select an appropriate output format.
As you can see, many software can add audio to video on Mac or Windows computers. However, most have serious drawbacks like significant installation sizes, complicated UI, and more. So, play it safe by using Online UniConverter to add music to videos without breaking a sweat.
- Add Music
- Add Music to Video on Windows/iOS
- Add Music to Video on iMovie
- Add Background Music to Video
- Add Music to Facebook Post
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Music to Snapchat
- Add Music to Tiktok Video
- Add Music to Youtube Video
- Add Sound to A Video
- Add Spotify Music to Video
- Add Music to Video with Android & iPhone App
- 6 Best Android Apps to Add Music to Video
- [8 Best Websites] Listen to Hindi Songs
- Audio Cutter
- Best Audio Trimmer for Android
- 5 Best Free Music Ringtones Apps for Android & iPhone
- Best Free Online MP3 Cutter
- Best Ringtone Songs
- Precisely Trim MP3 File
- Cut Music
- Crop Audio Online
- Cut Music on Garageband
- Cut Music on iMovie
- Edit MP3 Audio File
- Edit Audio with Final Cut Pro
- 6 Best Online Audio Editors
- Cut & Join MP3 Songs Online
- Change Ringtone on iPhone
- Make a YouTube Song Your Ringtone on Android
- Make a Song Your Ringtone on iPhone
- Make Ringtone for iPhone Without iTunes
- Trim WAV File
- Trim Audio with Audacity
- Trim MP3 on Mac and Windows 10
- Trim an MP3 File Online
- Merge MP3 Files Effortlessly
- Combine Multiple Files into One File
- Loop Video
- Loop a Video online without Watermark
- Stop Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook
- Play a Video on a Loop on Chromecast
- Loop a Video for Instagram
- Loop a Video in HTML
- Loop a Video on Android
- Loop a Video on My Phone
- Loop a Video on TV
- Loop a Video on Twitter
- Loop a Video on Vimeo
- Loop a YouTube Video
- 5 Best Video Merger Apps for Android
- Mute Video
- Top 9 Online Easy Tools to Mute Videos
- Remove Audio from Video on Android
- Mute Video on iPhone Free
- Top 10 Apps: Remove Audio from Video on Mobile
- Top 3 Ways: Remove Audio from Video on Windows 10/8/7
- Mute Video in iMovie Mac
- Remove Audio from Video on Mac
- Remove Audio from Video in Premiere Pro/CC
- Remove Audio from YouTube Videos
- Remove Audio from Videos [All Platforms]
- Video Editor
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 3 Kapwing Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 Clideo Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 6 Biteable Alternatives - Add Audio to Video Online
- Top 5 iPhone APPs to Add Music to Video
- Free Apps to Add Music to Video
- Make Video Louder
- Remove Audio/Sound from Video
- 7 Easy Ways to Remove Audio from MP4 File
- Trim MP3 File with/without Windows Media Player
- Add Subtitles to Video/Movie for Free
- 6 Methods to Add Caption to Video
- Add Subtitles/Text to AVI Video
- Add Subtitles to MP4 File Permanently
- Add Text to My Video for Free
- Add Text to YouTube Video
- Top 3 Ways to Add Watermark to Video on Mac
- Add Special Effects to Video for Windows & Mac
- Put Stunning Filters to Video
- Brighten A Video
- Change Video Resolution on Different Platforms
- Crop Video Files Easily
- Crop MP4 File Using Online MP4 Video Cutter
- MPEG Video Trimmer - Fast MEPG Cut
- Make a Video File Smaller
- Downsize MOV (QuickTime) File Size
- Trim MP4 Video File
- Top 7 Best AVI Trimmers for Any System
- Top 7 Free Video Trimmer Software for Windows
- Top Video Cropper Software for Mac & Windows
- Review - Best Online and Desktop Video Cutter
- Rotate a Video
- Rotate 3GP Video to 90/180 Degrees
- Rotate or Flip MP4 Video File in Windows & Mac
- Flip & Mirror & Rotate a Video File
- Rotate MP4 File Extension
- Science about Fast Motion
- 7 Reasons for Why to Speed up Video on iPhone
- Speed up a Video on Android
- Top 3 Fast Motion iOS APPs
- Speed up Your Youtube
- Speed up a Video on iMovie
- Top 7 Apps to Speed up Video
- Top 6 Fast Motion Video Speed Controller Softwares
- What Studies Say about Slow Motion
- Slow Down a Video on iPhone
- Top 7 Slow Motion iOS Apps
- Top 6 Slow Motion Android Apps
- TOP 8 Softwares to Make Slow Motion Video
- Make Slow Motion with TikTok
- Slow Down Youtube Videos
- Slow Down TikTok Video
- Slow Motion VS Fast Motion
- Make Your Video Faster or Slower Online
- 5 Best Video Speed Controllers
- Change Video Format in High Quality
- Restore VHS Tapes & Transfer to Computer
- Top 6 Best Free AVI Editors
- Edit MOV Video Files in Windows & Mac
- Edit MP4 Files in 2 Different Ways
- Edit MPEG Files on Mac & Windows
- Top 8 MP4 Video Editor Tools
- Top 5 FLV Video Editors
- The Most Valuable WebM Editor to Use
- The Best Free WMV Editor
- Grow YouTube Channel Fast
- Edit YouTube Videos for Free
- Top 18 Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- Top 10 Video Enhancers to Improve Video Quality
- Edit Video with Filmora Video Editor
- Top 25 Video Editing Softwares
- Top 15 Video Editing Tools for Windows
- Top 8 Video Editing Softwares for Mac
- Edit Your Video on Windows & Mac
- Merge Video
- Combine Videos Together
- Combine Two Videos in 5 Ways
- Top 5 Ways to Merge Subtitles with Video
- 15 Best Apps to Combine Videos
- Merge MP4 Files on Windows 10
- 3 Best Options to Merge Videos on Windows 10
- Top 12 Handy Video Joiners for PC
- Top 5 Joiners to Merge MP4 Files on Mac
- Apply VLC to Merge/Combine 2+ Videos
- Best VLC Alternative to Merging MP4 Files
- Merge Clips Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Merge Clips Using iMovie
- Merge Clips Using Handbrake
- Concatenate Videos Using FFmpeg
- Merge Videos Free without Watermark
- Top 5 Video Mergers without Watermark
- Merge Photos/Images Online
- Merge MP4 Online with Online UniConverter
- Top 10 MP4 Joiners/Combiners
- Top 6 Online Video Joiners
- Top 8 Free Tools to Merge Videos
- Top 10 Useful Video Stitchers
- Merge Files without Losing Quality
- Cut and Join Video within Seconds
- Best 10 Online Audio Video Mergers
- Slideshow Maker
- Add Music to Photo Online
- Make a Slideshow with Music
- Top 5 MP3 Photo Editors to Add Photo to Song
- Turn JPG/Slideshow to MP4
- Create Photo Slideshow with Online PowerPoint
- Top 10 Online Free Video Slideshow Makers
- Top 10 Free Online Slideshow Makers without Watermark
- 12 Free Slideshow Softwares for PC/Mac
- Funny Birthday Video Ideas
- Best Graduation Slideshow Ideas
- Make a Perfect Wedding Slideshow
- Free Real Estate Slideshow Makers
- Make a Unique Happy Birthday Video Clip
- Mother's Day Slideshow Design
- 10 Fantastic Father's Day Video Ideas
- Tribute to a Loved One with Funeral Slideshow
- Make a Slideshow on Windows 10/PC
- Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Make a Slideshow on iPhone
- Make a Slideshow Apps on Android
- Make a YouTube Slideshow
- Create Instagram Photo Slideshow
- Create a Facebook Slideshow
- Create a Google Slideshow with Music
- Make Slideshow on TikTok
- Add audio to video
- Add Audio to Video Online
- Add Audio to Video for Free
- Add Music to Video Online Free
- Put Music in the Background of Video
- Add Music to a Video Easily
- Add Audio to Video Easily
- Edit Sound in a video
- Edit Music Video Online for Free
- Add Music to Video Online without Watermark
- Add audio to MKV video
- Make a Video with Photos and Music for Free
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video or Photo
- Add Audio to YouTube
- Add music to YouTube video
- Add background music in YouTube video online
- Add Music to Instagram Video
- Add Audio to a Video on iPhone
- Put Music over a video on iPhone
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video on iPhone
- Add Audio to Aideo on Android
- Easily Add Music to Video in Windows 10
- Top 8 tools to Add Audio to Video in Windows 10
- Top 10 Apps to Add Audio to Video on Mac
- Top 10 Softwares to Add Audio to Video
- Top 8 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 10 Apps to Put Music on Video
- Top 10 Apps to Add Music to Video
- Top 6 Tools to Make a Video with Music
- Top 8 Tools to Merge Video & Audio Online