10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2021
Watch Free Movies via Google Play
By Kendra D. Mitchell | Sep 07,2021 20:49 pm
Whether you’re running the latest Google flagship, Google Pixel 5, or a typical Android phone, chances are that you’d like to watch movies frequently. You can use popular video streaming services like Hulu and Netflix to watch the latest movies straight on your Android device. However, not everyone can pay hefty yearly subscription fees. So, read on to know the best free Google Play Store apps to stream movies at your convenience.
- Part 1. 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play Store
- Part 2. Comparison Table: Free Movie Apps on Google Play
Part 1. 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play Store
With a storage size of 5.0MB, Crackle should be effortless to install. It’s a free, open-source app for streaming TV series and Hollywood movies on your Google phone. Unlike most Google Play Movie apps on this list, Crackle has few disturbing adverts and lets you resume watching from where you left on any device. Plus, you can filter movies by genres like drama, comedy, thriller, and action.
- No frequent ads.
- Excellent movie collection.
- Lacks HD content.
With a rating of 4.7 stars on Google Play Store, Tubi TV is undeniably one of the best free movie apps in 2020. But that’s only if you don’t mind the adverts. Currently, the app boasts 50M+ downloads on Play Store. Much of this is thanks to its ability to offer 100% legal and unlimited streaming. Also, there are no hidden charges here. So you can watch your HD award-winning series and TV shows at will. You can stream movies based on different genres like comedy, classics, anime, drama, etc.
- A free open-source app.
- More than 20,000 series and movies.
- Video resolution capped at 720p.
With its rating of 4.4 stars, Vudu isn’t doing badly either. On top of allowing you to stream movies for free, you can also rent and buy videos. Here, you will watch brand new TV shows and movies even before they hit the market. Interestingly, the Vudu app allows you to enjoy videos in 4K UHD quality and is compatible with Google Chromecast. This way, you can cast movies to your Smart TV.
- Streams in 4K UHD quality.
- Cross-platform app.
- Only for US viewers.
Although Kodi takes up slightly significant storage space at 60MB, it’s still a tremendous free cross-platform entertainment hub. With this flexible award-winning program, you’ll not only stream videos, but also play local movies, music, podcasts, and view photos. When streaming movies, you’ll have to store them in a Kodi server first before downloading and installing the plug-in or add-on. It should be a one minute process.
- Free to install and use.
- Compatible with many OS platforms.
- No customer support.
Plex offers movie buffs more than 1000 entertaining movie titles to enjoy. You can stream 80+ live TV channels multiple movies on the go. Plex users can also open their local movies, audios, view their photo collections, and search for podcasts through personalized recommendations. What’ more, you can stay updated on the movie world with news from Financial Times, CBS, Euronews, etc.
- Stream 80+ TV channels.
- View local media files.
- Limited movie library.
MovieBox Pro is another cross-platform app for streaming movies across Android and iOS devices. You can choose to download the APK online or directly from Google Play Store. After that, you can enjoy a whopping 15,000+ TV shows and movie titles. Also, it boasts of a user-friendly interface that supports multi-language subtitles. Plus, users can stream movies in HD quality, which is the bare minimum these days.
- Thousands of TV shows and movies.
- Mult-lingual subtitles.
- No offline viewing.
Popcornflix is a free movie streaming app that’s available for both Android and iOS platforms. After installing it, you can enjoy more than 2000 movies and series titles without paying a dime. To make your experience more enjoyable and effortless, Popcornflix allows you to filter titles by categories like kids, family, action, adventure, and so on. Interestingly, it offers online viral videos about events, people, and animals.
- 2000+ movies, viral videos, and TV shows.
- Regular newsletters.
- Ad-supported platform.
SnagFilms boasts of more than 5,000 titles of entertaining TV shows, movies, and even documentaries. Films are available in categories such as adventure, drama, horror, sci-fi, comedy, and so much more. You can also choose movies based on special categories like lesbian, gay, international foreign films, and so on. Another thing, you can entertain your little ones with the full-length family-friendly and kid’s movies.
- Multiple film categories.
- 5000+ movies and TV shows.
- Limited family-friendly options.
Yidio is not your usual video streaming app, like the others on this list. Instead, this lightweight program allows you to browse through 100+ popular movie streaming apps like Netflix, Showtime, Hulu, and Amazon Prime for videos that you’d like to watch. After that, you will get a detailed price comparison to help you find an affordable platform to watch your movie. It also offers personalized suggestions depending on the user’s search history.
- Free, open-source app.
- Excellent movie comparison.
- Doesn’t stream movies itself.
Lastly, you can watch movies and TV series directly from Google Play Movies & TV for free. As the name suggests, this online service is operated by Google and offers thousands of TV shows and movies to rent or purchase. Today, the app is called Google TV. You can click this link to know if Google TV is available in your country.
- Extensive movie and music library.
- 4K UHD support.
- Not available on some countries.
Part 2. Comparison Table: Free Movie Apps on Google Play
|Free Movie App||Features|
|Crackle||Supports HD video quality | Extensive movie library from Sony | No hidden charges|
|Tubi TV||Supports pause and resume later functionality | 100% legal content | A massive movie library|
|Vudu||Supports 4K HD video quality | Compatible with Google Chromecast | Short adverts|
|Kodi||Simple add-in installation | Customizable platform | Excellent movie title collection|
|Plex||1000+ movie titles | 80+ TV channels | Organize a local media library|
|MovieBox Pro||Thousands of TV shows and movies | Supports offline downloads | Quick download speeds|
|Popcornflix||Lightweight app | 2000+ movie titles | Offers entertaining viral online videos|
|SnagFilms||Offers TV documentaries | International movies in Dutch, French, Chinese, Hindi, etc.|
|Yidio||Movies from 300+ streaming services | Real-time movie recommendation notifications|
|Google Play Movies & TV||Available in Chromecast | 4K Ultra HD and HD streaming | Supports offline downloads|
So, did your favorite Google Store app for streaming movies make it in our list? Let us know! With these apps, you can stream movies and TV shows on your Google phone for free and easily. Just choose one and enjoy!
Pro Tip: Sometimes, you might have an extensive movie library that you'd like to send to your Android device for on-the-go entertainment. Instead of going through the painfully slow process of transferring files with a USB cable, get Wondershare UniConverter. This desktop app will offer you a 90x faster transfer process and enable you to edit movies before sharing.
Below is how to share movie files to your phone:
Step 1. Open the Transfer tool
Run Wondershare UniConverter and then click the Toolbox tab before pressing the Transfer function. Now use your phone's USB cable to connect your Android 2.2 or later to your computer. Follow the on-screen instruction to connect successfully.
Step 2. Upload files
Next, drag-and-drop your movies on the Transfer window. Alternatively, press the Folder button on the top-left corner to open your local storage.
Step 3. Share movies
Navigate to the drop-down menu on the top-right corner and select your Android device before clicking Transfer All. That's it!
- Google Phone
- 10 Best Free Games on Google Play (2021)
- 10 Best Free Movie Apps on Google Play 2020
- 10 Best Free Music Apps on Google Play 2021
- Hey Google: A Complete Guide for Google Assistant
- Google Chromecast (2020) Released: Works with the Apps You Love
- Best Google Doodle Stories and Doodle Games
- Google Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Google Home App: Tips and Tricks
- Google Map 2020 Updates: What's New?
- Google Nest Audio Speaker Released: Best Companion for Your Pixel Phone
- Google Pixel 4 XL Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 4a 5G Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Google Hidden Games
- Google Pixel Buds 2020 Review: Google's Competent AirPods Alternative
- How to Download and Install the Google Play Store
- How to Use Google Translate: Tips and Tricks
- Google Pixel 5 vs. Samsung S20 Comparison - Which Phone Wins?
- Huawei Phone
- iPhone & iOS
- EarPods vs AirPods: Do AirPods Worth the Extra $100
- Apple HomePod Mini Released: Everything You Want to Know
- iPad Air 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - Which is the Premium Tablet?
- Apple iPad Air 4 vs. Apple iPad Pro - Which One to Buy?
- Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review: What's New?
- Apple Watch Series 6 vs Apple Watch SE – Which One to Pick?
- Apple Watch Series 6 Review: What's New?
- The Best iPhone 11 Cases 2021
- Best iPhone 11 Deals: How to Buy iPhone 11& 11 Pro& and 11 Pro Max with Best Prices
- iPhone Photo Apps – Learn All about the 10 Best Photo Apps for iPhone in 2020
- iPhone Case – Make Your Own Custom iPhone 11 Case
- Top 10 Fashion iPhone 11 Cases
- How to Use Find My iPhone to Locate Lost or Stolen Phone
- iPhone 11 vs Galaxy S20 Comparison - Which One to Buy?
- How to Use Google Map Tips and Tricks
- How to Backup Your iPhone - An Ultimate Guide
- How to Set Ringtone in iPhone with iTunes
- How to Reset iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How to Recover Deleted Pictures on iPhone?
- How to Screen Record and Do Screenshots on iPhone
- How to Unlock iPhone
- iOS 14 Released – New Features to Unlock!
- iPhone 11 All Colors Comparison! Which One to Choose?
- iPhone 11: How To Take Screenshot
- iPhone 11 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison - Which Is Better?
- iPhone 12 Lineup Comparison - How to Decide Which One to Buy?
- iPhone 12 Mini vs. iPhone SE 2020 Comparison: Should You Buy the New iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 vs. Samsung S20: The Battle of 2020's 5G Phones
- iPhone 12 Pro Max vs Samsung S20 Ultra vs Samsung Note 20 Ultra Comparison: Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max Review: The Wait is Over
- iPhone 12 vs. Google Pixel 5 Comparison - Everything You Need to Know
- iPhone 12 Review: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Fix iPhone Face ID When It's Not Working
- How to Log in to iCloud on Your iPhone and Use iCloud Family Sharing
- How to Share iPhone Live Photo to Instagram - A Complete Guide
- iPhone Wallpapers – Best iPhone 11 WallPaper in 2021
- iPhone Podcast – Everything about the Best Podcast Apps for iPhone in 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 2020 - Everything You Need to Know
- How to Transfer Data From An Old iPhone to A New iPhone
- How to Set A Live Photo as Lock Screen Wallpaper on iPhone
- iCloud Storage Is Full: Tips to Help You Manage Your iCloud Storage
- How to Take Great Photos with Your iPhone Camera
- One Plus Phone